Sunday, May 18, 2008

How Long Should I Run My Sprinklers

Hi Craig. First, thank you for all of your hard work. I love your site. Ok, so I want to know how long to run my rotor zones, spray zones and drip zones. I will be watering every day. i am looking for a general ball park time. I will keep an eye on things and adjust the times when needed. for example is 40 min for rotors, 10 min for spray and 15 min for drip ok? Thanks for reading this and I look forward to hearing from you.

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Are you watering everyday because you have new sod? That would be the only reason to do so.

Run times are different for different soil types. If you have a clay soil, you would run much shorter times than if it was sand based.

Your drip zone should NOT be on a multiple start time program, as it applies the water at a much slower rate. Put the drip on the "B" program, and start it after the other zones have finished.

Watch this video: How Long Should I Run My Sprinklers

No comments: